Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Shopping List for December 14 - January 3 (continued)



As I mentioned I would do in last Thursday's post, HERE, I got a few more items today to add to the three week period between now and January 3rd. I'm pretty sure that I'll only need to buy some green onions next Tuesday. Here is what I bought today along with the updated total:

FOOD TOWN (Tuesday):
12 pack diet soda - $1.99
Ground beef @ 1.99lb (marked down) - $4.06
Onions @ .50lb - $1.16
Mushrooms - $1.26

TOTAL - $8.61

HEB (Tuesday):
2 quarts heavy cream  - $7.12
Shower spray - $1.97
3-pack tissue - $3.57
Honeycrisp apple - $2.15 (ouch!)

TOTAL - $15.27

KROGER (Tuesday):
7 CARBmaster yogurt @ .40 each (minus 10% discount) - $2.52

TOTAL - $2.52

UPDATED GRAND TOTAL FOR 3 WEEKS - $126.92 ($42.30 per week - $23.00 left to spend between now and Jan.3 to stay within my $50 per week budget)

I didn't really need to buy ground beef this week but I'm trying a new burger recipe today and I really wanted to have fresh meat. I find that ground beef that's been frozen makes burgers that tend to fall apart. I did thaw some but Food Town had some small packages marked down today so I bought a couple pounds. I cooked the meat that I'd thawed with some taco seasoning and froze it for another time.

I'm going to put the gigantic Honeycrisp apple in Jerry's Christmas stocking. It's his favorite kind of apple so I splurged. That whopper cost just over $2.00 for ONE apple!


No comments :

Post a Comment