Sunday, December 1, 2019

Chocolate Truffle Torte


CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE TORTE
6 ounces sugar free dark chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter, cut up
Pinch salt
Sweetener of your choice equivalent to 1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa, sifted
3 eggs
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Whipped cream, optional for topping

In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate and butter on 50% power for 2 minutes or until the butter and chocolate are melted, stirring once or twice. Whisk until completely smooth. Whisk in the salt, sweetener, cocoa, eggs, cream and vanilla. Whisk until well blended. Pour the chocolate mixture into a greased 9-inch pie plate.

Bake at 350ยบ degrees for 15 minutes or until the torte has puffed around the edges and the center is almost firm to the touch but still slightly jiggly. Cool completely. Chill well before serving. Serve with whipped cream if desired.

Makes 8-10 servings

TIP: If you don't over bake this, the texture will be very soft and truffle-like. 

The original version of this recipe is posted HERE at Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes. My original recipe calls for Lindt chocolate but there are now sugar free alternatives available such as Lily's chocolate bars and chocolate chips that would reduce the carbs per serving. Because there are too many variables regarding the chocolate and sweetener that could be used, I haven't posted the nutritional counts.


5 comments :

  1. This looks & sounds amazing..... so am I not able to pin this ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to pin the photo. I just tried it and it works for me.

      Delete
  2. HI,
    No it doesn't work on my end, I have tried to pin several of your recipes and there isn't a PIN option. I love your recipes & have made sooo many since 2013... I just want to say Thank You so much for all your hard work and sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to suggest. When I hover over the top left corner of the photo, I see the red Pinterest "Save" button. Are you able to pin photos from other blogs? Also, make sure that you have this post open so that you're not pinning my entire blog instead of just this post. Click the subject/title of this post to open it. If the subject/title isn't clickable then you're in the right place.

      Delete
    2. I think that may be what's keeping you from pinning the photo. Pinterest no longer allows pinning of photos on blogs unless you've opened the post first.

      Delete