Monday, March 3, 2014

A peek inside my freezer...

I have a large upright freezer out in the garage where I store my stash of meat and other stuff that doesn't fit in the fridge freezer. As you can see, I'm not very good at keeping it defrosted but that was actually a blessing a few years ago. There was a hurricane here in Houston and we were without power for two days. I'm pretty sure that the thick layer of frost kept my meat from thawing. The ice was actually much thicker that time than what you see in this photo. I didn't lose any of the food in there but I did lose everything from the fridge and fridge freezer that we couldn't eat by the end of the second day. Thankfully we were able to cook and reheat leftovers on our gas grill that time. Much of Houston was without power for weeks so we were very fortunate.



No comments :

Post a Comment