Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I hit the motherload

I'm going to wait until the end of the week to post a list of all of my shopping deals for this week but I wanted to show you the haul that I got today. I'm so happy because I found some ground beef for $1.99lb at Food Town and Kroger. Considering that the regular price is about $4.00 per pound now, I think that $1.99 per pound is a bargain. I bought all the packages that they had which came to about 14 1/2 pounds total. I'm relieved that I've got a nice stash of hamburger in my freezer again. 

I cooked up two pounds of the hamburger with some onions when I got home from the store. I like to make "burger bowls" with it. Sometimes I'll top my bowl with the standard burger toppings (ketchup, mustard, mayo and relish) or I'll add some cheese and my homemade BBQ sauce to it. I add whatever I'm in the mood for at the time.

The package that says "Pork" on it has pork steaks in it. I got them for a steal because they were apparently marked wrong. All of the other pork steak packages at Food Town were marked $1.99 pound. But, this one package said "country pork ribs" on it and they were only 99-cents per pound. They're most definitely pork steaks though, not ribs. They're really good cooked outside on the grill and brushed with BBQ sauce.

I got a nice deal on the Kroger CARBmaster yogurt too. I got a coupon in the mail the other day where you got 3 free containers if you bought nine. So, after my senior discount, I got 12 of them for 27-cents each. Now that my husband is "sort of" going low carb, he will also eat some of the yogurt. I say "sort of" because he still has some high carb stuff to use up before he officially starts his diet.
 
We got a call about the new stove and they're going to bring it on Friday. Hopefully nothing will come up this time. 

5 comments :

  1. What a haul! ^5 for you! (and a burger bowl sounds pretty good right about now! I don't know what my deal is but I have been craving beef and cheese for about 2 weeks now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-hoo! Glad you found some good deals. Enjoy your new stove, I hope it makes it there Friday with no hitches. :) -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found the Carbmaster yogurt in Southern California at Ralph's. This week they are 10 for $5 and you can get another $3 off entire order by buying 6 key items, so I will see what I can do. How, where do you get a senior discount? I turn 65 Sunday, and am looking for a silver lining, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Carbmaster yogurt is only 40-cents here all the time. They used to put it on sale 3/$1.00 now and then but not in a long time. I'm not sure how I got the senior discount but I think it was because of my husband's age. He's 10 years older than me. When I signed up for my Kroger card years ago, I wasn't anywhere near senior age yet. Maybe you'll need to apply for a new Ralph's card to get the discount.

      Delete
  4. I love your blog! I have been catching up with you today lol! Thank you so much, reading it really helps me stay on tract.

    ReplyDelete