Monday, February 17, 2014

Food inventory

I'm still waiting to get my new stove but I'll go ahead and post an inventory of all of the food in the house so you can get an idea of what I have to work with. As you'll see, I've got a pretty good stash which allows me to mostly just buy what I see on sale. I very rarely need to pay full price for meat. I try to plan my meals around what I already have on hand so that I don't end up having to pay full price.

I'm a little nervous at the moment though because I'm down to only one package of ground beef in the freezer. Normally I would find a good deal on marked down ground beef before my supply got this low. I'm wondering if the good deals are going to be a thing of the past because last week the cheapest hamburger was $3.99 pound! I won't pay that much so we'll just have to eat chicken and pork until the price comes down or I find it marked down. Kroger had pork shoulder roasts for 99-cents per pound last week so I bought another one for the freezer. I will probably roast one of those as soon as I get my new stove. They're big so they'll feed the two of us for several days. 


By the way, our son really did move out over the weekend so it IS just the two of us now!

IN THE FREEZER:
Bacon rinds (cut from jowl bacon)
Boneless chicken breasts (4 packages)
Butter (9 pounds)
Chicken thighs, bone-in (2 packages)
Chicken thighs, boneless (3 packages)
Chicken bones (from a roast chicken)
Chicken tenders (2 packages)
Chicken broth (2 1/2 cups)
Chopped celery
Chuck roast (2)
Coconut flour
Cranberries
Creamed coconut
Dry buttermilk powder
Flax meal
Frozen cauliflower (3)
Frozen green beans
Frozen parsley
Frozen roasted Anaheim chiles
Frozen Asian vegetable mixture
Frozen chopped green peppers
Frozen enchilada sauce
Frozen tomato paste (in 1 tablespoon "blobs")
Frozen pizza sauce
Giant pepperoni
Good parmesan cheese
Ground pork (2 packages)
Ground beef (1 1/2 pounds)
Guacamole (1 packet)
Ham pieces (4 packages)
Hazelnuts
Hot dogs
Italian sausage (2)
Lemon juice
Lemon zest
Pepitas
Pepperoni
Pork shoulder roast (4)
Pork sausage (2)
Pork rind crumbs
Psyllium husk
Raw hamburger patties (9)
Sesame seeds
Sliced almonds
Smoked sausage
Sunflower kernels
Tilapia filets (about 11)
Unblanched almond flour
Unflavored whey protein powder
Unsweetened coconut
*************************************************
IN THE PANTRY:
10 ounce can whole green chiles
8 ounce cans tomato sauce (8)
Baking powder
Baking soda
Blackstrap molasses
Caesar salad dressing
Canned tuna (2)
Canned soybeans (2)
Canned asparagus
Canned beef broth
Cider vinegar
Cocoa
Coconut oil
Coconut Da Vinci syrup
Coffee
Cooking oil
Dill pickle relish
Flavoring extracts
Granular Splenda
Hot sauce (4)
Kernel Seasonings (2)
Large can crushed tomatoes
Liquid smoke
Liquid Splenda
Liquid stevia
Mayonnaise (3)
Mexican green salsa (2)
Pineapple Da Vinci syrup
Pizza sauce (2)
Pork rinds
Red wine vinegar
Rice vinegar
Sambal Oelek (3)
Sesame oil
Soy sauce
Spices
Sriracha sauce
Sugar free drink mixes
Sweet pickle relish (sugar free) (2)
True Lemon
True Lime
True Orange
Truvia
Unflavored gelatin (2)
Walden Farms pancake syrup
White vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
Xanthan gum
*************************************************
IN THE FRIDGE:
8 ounces Colby cheese
8 ounces Swiss cheese (3)
8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (2)
Better Than Bouillon (chicken)
Caesar salad dressing
Cream cheese (6)
Deluxe American cheese
Dijon mustard
Dill pickle relish
Fish sauce
Garlic
Heavy cream
Homemade BBQ sauce
Homemade ketchup
Hot sauce
Mayonnaise
Onions
Parmesan cheese, "Green can"
Sambal Oelek
Sesame oil
Sour cream
Soy sauce
Spicy brown mustard
Sriracha sauce
Sweet pickle relish (sugar free)
Taco Bell hot sauce
Thai red curry paste
Thai green curry paste
Walden Farms pancake syrup
Yellow mustard


1 comment :

  1. This is going to help me immensely as I am trying to make low carb a real WOE for us. I am a real list appreciater, my mind just works better with organization as the base. I have been trying to go through your recipes one by one to get a list of those that appeal to us made, and then purchase the things we need to make them. But there are A LOT of recipes and I haven't attempted any baked goods yet, but I will get some of these staples this week and try something. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete