Monday, July 8, 2013

Burger Bonanza!

Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
I had to go to the post office this morning so I did my bargain shopping today instead of on Tuesday like I usually do. Good thing because I struck gold on marked down ground beef at Food Town. This time it was only .99¢ per pound vs. the $1.29 I paid for it last week. I got a little over 14 pounds this time and put it all away in the freezer in one pound portions.
 
I also got a pretty good price on green peppers for tomorrow's stuffed peppers. They were 2/$1.00. They also had onions on sale for .39¢ pound so I stocked up on those. I bought some boneless/skinless chicken breasts for $1.88 pound to make the Chile Chicken Monterey on Thursday too.
 
Food Town always has a weekly coupon in their ad for something either free or a dollar off if you spend at least $10. This week it was Kraft mayonnaise which they had on sale for $2.33. With the dollar off, I got a jar for $1.33. Food Town is also one of the few stores that sells Mt. Olive sugar free pickle products so I picked up a jar of the sugar free sweet relish, which I had a .75¢ off coupon for. It wasn't on sale but I still like to stock up on it when I've got a coupon.


No comments :

Post a Comment