Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday's Shopping



As usual, I've had to shift a few things around on my menu for this week and I removed at least one meal. We keep ending up with so many leftovers in the fridge that it would be silly for me to cook more food until the old food is almost gone. The pizza I was going to make yesterday got moved to Wednesday and the Asian Pork Stir-Fry got moved to Thursday. I'll make the Kicken Chicken on Saturday and the Tuna Muffins and the Mexican Stuffed Peppers are off the menu. There was no way that I was going to make stuffed peppers with green peppers costing 99-cents each today. I'll take a look at them at Walmart on Thursday and see if they've got a better price on them there. If they do then I might make the stuffed peppers instead of the chicken on Saturday. I'd rather make the peppers than the chicken because I've got so much ground beef in the freezer.

HEB still didn't have any Steak-Umms in stock today but I've still got my raincheck. I did get a good deal on some ground beef at Food Town though at $1.49 pound. I wasn't originally planning to buy jalapeƱos until I saw Char's "Bread & Butter Pickled JalapeƱos" recipe at Low Carb Friends yesterday. I will make them this afternoon. I had everything on hand to make them except the chiles and those only cost me 63-cents. I'm going to make half a batch of Char's recipe so I only needed a pound of them.

No comments :

Post a Comment