Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday's Shopping

TUESDAY'S SHOPPING

Yep, more jalapeños again. I go through the Bread & Butter Pickled Jalapeños very quickly because they're so yummy. Food Town had the chiles for 69-cents per pound again today.

I got a super deal on a big jar of garlic powder at HEB. It was marked down to just $3.00 because the cap was broken. It was still sealed and I had a spare cap at home anyway. The 12-ounce jar would normally be almost $6.00. I use quite a bit of garlic powder to make my homemade taco seasoning and other spice blends.

While I was at HEB, I noticed that they sell Quest Bars now. I didn't buy any because they're expensive and I can't handle that much fiber. I got some free sample bars a couple years ago and they were pretty tasty and had a nice texture. They are $2.50 each at HEB and they had these flavors:

Cookies & Cream, Double Chocolate Chunk, White Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Brownie, Vanilla Almond Crunch (I think I've had this one and it was my favorite), Apple Pie, Mixed Berry Bliss, Banana Nut Muffin, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon Roll, Coconut Cashew.

The flavors that HEB didn't have were Peanut Butter Supreme, PB & J, Strawberry Cheesecake and the Lemon Cream Pie. The one flavor that I would have loved to try was the Apple Pie but it had 7 net carbs so I passed on it. They also had their peanut butter cup "Cravings" bars. I'd never heard of those before.


No comments :

Post a Comment