Friday, September 27, 2013

Thursday Shopping Bargain

I've only got one super deal to report from yesterday's shopping. While digging through the clearance bin at Kroger, I found a 24-ounce bag of Dunkin' Decaf marked down to $7.99. The tag says that the regular price was $15.99. The marked down price works out to what I generally pay for Community coffee when it's on sale, which is $3.99 for 12 ounces. I tried some this morning and I really like it. It has a very smooth flavor with caramel undertones. Since it's decaf, I can drink it every day, if I like. I try not to drink regular coffee more than two or three times a week so that I don't get hooked on the caffeine. Caffeine affects me in a strange way so I prefer to drink decaf. Regular coffee makes me feel drowsy and foggy-headed. Unfortunately, I can't get decaf Community coffee in medium roast, which is why I buy the regular kind.

4 comments :

  1. I have been following your original website for years as I have low-carbed on and off. The addition of your blog is really nice. I have started low carbing again as have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I may have cancer. I've been reading a lot about low carbing and thyroid and cancer, and I am thankful for all of your recipes and bargains. It is a challenge to go low carb on a budget, but you make it seem doable. It Is easier to buy a 2 dollar bag of chips rather then making a low carb side, but now my health calls for not taking the easy road. Before I would low carb for a few months to get into my skinny jeans, but now its more serious then that. ~Thank you so much. You are doing such a service here~ <3 Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth. I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I hope things go well for you.

      Delete
  2. I just recently started drinking coffee. I never really had a taste for it before, not sure what made me interested in it, but I like it. I'm a decaf person myself. I save the real stuff for when I have a headache, sometimes it helps and sometimes not. I have seen the Dunkin Donuts kind on sale before and haven't tried it. I like the sound of caramel undertones. Thanks for the tip, enjoy your coffee! :) -Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way, Dawn. I liked coffee flavored desserts but never drank it until just a few years ago. For some reason hot beverages didn't appeal to me and I didn't drink hot tea either. I still don't drink hot tea but I was into hot herbal tea for a while.

      I can relate to the headache thing too. I take Excedrin when I've got a headache because it's the only thing that works and that's because it contains caffeine. I get the same strange drowsy spaced out feeling from Excedrin that I get from regular coffee but that's better than having a headache.

      Delete